Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Weekend Fun

Last weekend, Derek and I traveled out to Indianapolis for my brother's wedding. We had a lot of fun with the rest of the family at our hotel going swimming and hanging out. It was great to meet the rest of Kendall's (Bjorn's wife) family and to celebrate with Bjorn and Kendall as they got married. It was also fun to see all of the nieces and nephews dressed to the hilt - they were SO cute!

It was a quick weekend, but very fun. On the way back, we stopped near Chicago to pick up a Starbuck's Chicago mug to add to our collection (so far, we just have San Jose, Seattle, Twin Cities, and now Chicago).

And then we got into a situation on the road in Wisconsin that made me say "T.I.A.!" (Anyone who has lived in Africa or is familiar with African life knows what T.I.A. stands for - This Is Africa. Ma
ny people use it in a variety of situations to explain to a non-African mind events that have a tendency to happen in Africa). Well, maybe you are wondering why I said "T.I.A." in Wisconsin. It occurred to me that the "A" in T.I.A. could also stand for America...so
as we got delayed in our trip home by an hour due to road construction, I found that T.I.A. can be used in more than just Africa.




































1 comment:

ginah said...

Nice dress there, friendato! See, purple is a flattering color on you. :) Glad to see you're getting some use out of it. :)

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner